Gladys and Charles Mumford, an Arts and Crafts synthetic ruby set silver ring, English, circa 1955, unmarked, the oval cut stone, measuring approximately 14 mm by 10 mm, finger size P SOLD
Gladys and Charles Mumford had their workshop and retail outlet in Falmouth, Cornwall. Having moved there from the Midlands after spending a vacation there and falling in love with the area. They had previously worked for the silversmiths Winifred King & Co in Coventry. Gladys and Charles also sold their jewellery on board the Queen Elizabeth II liner. The work of Gladys and Charles Mumford was rarely, if ever, marked.